Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For Your Knowing - A Public Service Announcement Ep. 3

Nerds,

I can't tell you how many stories I have heard of dudes gettin' some major payback from Father Physics by connecting an amp head to a speaker cab with an instrument cable. Yeah, I know it works and you probably haven't had any problems doing it in the past, but that doesn't mean it is to be done! So, while I know you have probably 10 guitar cables to choose from that you would much rather use, just go out and buy a speaker cable...and no I'm not posting this entry on behalf of RapCo or Monster Cables, I know what you're thinking. Personally, I don't care if you blow up your amp. In fact, the thought of it makes me smile...so you know what? Go ahead keep usin' that 21' Monster Acoustic guitar cable to connect your Mesa Triple Rectifier to your Crate 4x12...on second thought, you should use a stereo cable!

Or, you may decide to take my advice and switch it up. Whatever the case may be, just consider me a "good Samaritan", saving all of you out there from blowing up your transformers and all that junk.

Remember playing a stack is a privilege, not a right. Otherwise, you should just stick to combos...hey it's served me well. Except when I want to show off to the dude with the Bogner Shiva half-stack...then ANYTHING GOES...I'll chain my Fender Twin to an Ampeg 8x10 as long as it makes me look cool.

Just kidding...I'm always cool.

Alright, enough of my jabbering...





cutawaycurator

1 comment:

  1. Finally, someone echoes my most frequently given advice. Also, my cousin got a B-52 full stack for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete